What’s It All About
Aug 9-14, 2011
Flickers’ Rhode Island International Film Festival (RIIFF) takes place every year in Providence and Newport in Rhode Island in the US. Launched in 1997, the festival is produced by Flickers, a Newport Film/Video Society & Arts Collaborative.Now in its 15th year, RIIFF is ranked as a one of the top 12 film festivals in the US. It will be held at venues around Providence and features screenings, filmmaking workshops, meet-and-greet industry events and seminars.Aiming to promote Rhode Island as a filmmaking location and to celebrate the independent filmmaking spirit, Flickers also hosts a number of high-profile premières and provides a showcase of international features, documentaries, and shorts.
RIIFF, a qualifying festival for the Academy Awards since 2002, accepts films of any type, in any genre and will screen 175 international productions this year including new work selected from over 4,000 film submissions.
• 175 films over six days at locations across Rhode Island
• Opening Night Screening Celebration
• ScriptBiz 2011, a screenplay workshop, with special guests, on August 10
• Celebration of International Short Films from more than 50 countries and the world
• Premieres of multiple independent short, feature and documentary films
• Weekend showcase of local and regional filmmakers, writers and artists
• ‘Between Takes’ meet the filmmakers and industry at morning coffee talks. Temple Lounge. August 10-12
• Nightly filmmaker networking parties throughout Providence• Academy-Award Qualifier Announced at the Official Awards Presentation on August 14This year, the festival has also put together travel packages with the following area hotels and bed & breakfasts.
Special discount rates and packages are available for RIIFF attendees; though they will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Brief Reunion
• Answers To Nothing
• As If I Am Not There
• A Wake