Ever since the trailer of October was released, the audience has been eagerly waiting for this unique film to hit the theatres. But before the movie comes out this week, we got to know an interesting detail about the film’s lead actor Varun Dhawan. Director Shoojit Sircar, who has said that Dhawan has done something in the film that he has never done before, had 10 commandments for his lead actor to get into the skin of the character of Dan.
The commandments are:
1. Thou shall wake up and look at plants: Once Varun wakes up he was asked to look at a plant instead of his phone. He followed this for a year to imbibe calmness.
2. Thou shall not do social media: No Social Media while shooting.
3. Thou shall talk softly: Varun was asked to consciously lower his volume and talk softly to everyone.
4. Thou shall not race ahead with the script: He was told not to read the entire script before performing the scene.
5. Thou shall look normal! The actor was required to look like a regular 21 year old boy for which he stopped his gymming and consumed normal food.
6. Thou shall be honest : Shoojit Sircar believes in being honest to onself which in turn shows in everything you do. He asked Varun to do the same.
7. Thou shall walk like a civilian! Instead of walking with a swagger as a hero, he was asked to start walking like a normal person.
8. Thou shall look natural:Shoojit Sircar made Varun wear less to no make-up
9. Thou shall do all the work! As Shoojit was keen on Varun picking up mannerisms of a hotel employee naturally, he was asked to do all the tasks of a trainee of cooking, cleaning, laundry, serving, etc.
10. Thou shall NOT sleep! Sleepless nights for Varun. The actor was asked to not sleep at a stretch to be able to look his part in the film.
We cannot wait to see what this determined actor-director jodi will give us with October.